All India Entrance Examination for Design 2015 (AIEED)
ARCH Academy of Design conducts AIEED (All India Entrance Examination for Design) for Undergraduate (4yr) & Postgraduate (2yr) programmes. For the convenience of prospective applicants, the Exam is conducted in two modes – Online and Offline(Centre Based). Both versions of the exam test the aesthetic sense, creativity & design sensitivity of students seeking fulfilling careers in the various fields of design. It also tests the logical reasoning & problem solving aptitude of the student. ARCH invites applications for AIEED '15 towards its UG & PG programmes for Academic year 2015.
PROGRAMMES ON OFFER
|UNDER GRADUATE (UG) LEVEL PROGRAMMES
- Fashion Design
- Interior Design
- Jewellery Design
- Graphic Design
- Craft Product Design
- Design Management
- BVA ( Bachelor in Visual Arts)
|POST GRADUATE (PG) LEVEL PROGAMMES
- Fashion Design
- Interior Design
- Jewellery Design
- Lifestyle Accessory Design
- Design Communication
- Strategic Design Management
- Strategic Mgmt & Leadership
UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES (DURATION: 4 YRS)
- Students who have Appeared for/Cleared Class 10+2 (CBSE/ICSE/IB/State Board/NIOS or equivalent as per UGC Guidelines) are eligible to write AIEED Exam.
Only these 10+2 Appearing or Cleared applicants are eligible for the UOR/ KSOU University degree component of the programme.
- As per Pearson-Edexcel norms, all students 16 years and above are eligible for the International Undergraduate level course and can therefore, also apply. These aspirants have the incredible opportunity of still culminating their studies with a ‘Top Up’ degree in 1 year from any of the Pearson Edexcel listed Universities around the world after having finished the Pearson Edexcel BTEC embedded in the 4 year programme at ARCH.
- Students applying for 4 YR Undergraduate Interior Design program with a valid NATA score/ AIEEE rank are exempted from AIEED exam and will be called for interview directly.
- Class 10+1 Students can also write AIEED 2014-15. Qualifying students will be eligible for direct admission in Academic yr 2016 after clearing the interview.
POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES (DURATION: 2 YRS)
- Graduates or students pursuing graduation in any discipline from a recognized university can apply for this programme.
- Additionally, as per Pearson-Edexcel guidelines, all students 19 years and above are eligible for the Strategic Management & Leadership Programme as well as the Design Management Programmes. Here no other previous learning achievements are considered as requirements for admission. These aspirants have the incredible opportunity of still culminating their studies with a ‘Top Up’ MBA degree in 6 months from any of the Pearson Edexcel listed Universities around the world after having finished the Pearson Edexcel BTEC Level 7 programme at ARCH.
- MBA aspirants can apply for Strategic Design Management and Strategic Management & Leadership with their recent CAT/MAT scores. They also will have to clear the AIEED exam and the Interview and submit their Statement of Purpose (SOP) prior to the Interview.
ADMISSON CALENDAR 2015
AIEED Exam is conducted in two phases: SERIES 1 & SERIES 2.
Currently, Admission is announced for SERIES 1 only.
The SERIES 2 Calendar may be announced at a later date on the Website, and will be entirely subject to the number of seats left available.
APPLICATION FORMS available - November 15, 2014 onwards
EXAMS SERIES 1
||DATE(S) OF EXAMINATION
||RESULTS OF EXAMINATION
||COMMENCEMENT OF BATCH
||December 01, 2014 - February 15, 2015
||Within 7 working days of Exam date
||April 05 - April 15, 2015
||Last week of July 2015
|CENTRE BASED EXAM
||February 01, 2015
||February 20, 2015
FORMAT OF THE EXAM
Centre based Exam (Offline)
STRUCTURE OF AIEED EXAM: MAX DURATION – 3 HRS 15 minutes
|TYPE OF PAPER
||NO OF Q'S
|AIEED (CAT + GAT) CREATIVE ABILITY TEST + GENERAL ABILITY TEST
||To assess design sensitivity, problem solving, creative skills logical reasoning & awareness on
||45 to 50
*You can write Exams in the Online format or the Offline format. Question papers are Bilingual - Hindi & English. The Offline Exam can be answered in either language. The Online Exam needs to be answered in English only (although the questions can be read in Hindi too)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS/NRI CATEGORY
Candidates seeking admission under this category should attach the following documents along with the application form:
- An attested copy of the relevant pages of the passport.
- Equivalence certificate from the concerned Embassy acknowledging & affirming the educational qualifications of the candidate.
- An attested copy of proof of status of NRI/Foreign national.
- A Demand Draft of USD 75 in favor of ARCH Educational Society, Jaipur at Plot No 9, Govind Marg, Malviya Nagar Institutional Area, Malviya Nagar, Jaipur-302017
YOU CAN ALSO TRANSFER THE SAID AMOUNT THROUGH RTGS/ NEFT/ CBS INTO THE FOLLOWING ACCOUNTS:
Arch Educational Society
9, Govind Marg, Malviya Nagar, Jaipur
List of Account Numbers
Account Name: Arch Educational Society
Bank of India, M.I.Road, Jaipur
A/c No. - 660020100003311
IFSC CODE - BKID0006600
MICR CODE - 302013002
HOW TO TAKE AN AIEED EXAM
1. ONLINE MODE OF AIEED EXAM
Students can write the Online Exam from either home or cyber café.
The candidates, whose forms have been accepted, will have to appear for the online entrance exam at the allotted date and time slot (after having submitted their 3 choices in order of preference).
10: 00 am to 1:00 pm
2: 00 pm to 5:00 pm
6: 00 pm to 9:00 pm
2. CENTRE BASED AIEED EXAM (off line)
Candidates can write the offline AIEED Centre Based examination from any of the 13 cities across India.
Jaipur | Jodhpur | Kota | Udaipur | Delhi | Lucknow | Mumbai | Indore
Ahmedabad | Guwahati | Kolkata | Patna | Ranchi
The applicant can make a choice of any 3 exam centers in order of preference from the above list.
Admit Cards would be available online 7 DAYS prior to both the exams.
A link will be sent to the candidate’s mobile number; open the link to download the admit card.
The cumulative performance in all parameters mentioned below will be considered for the final selection of candidates. The selection of candidate is strictly merit based.
1. Performance in past education field
2. AIEED exam result ( NATA/CAT/MAT AIEEE score in the respective courses)
3. Performance in Interview + Portfolio.
Interviews would be scheduled for candidates who qualify the AIEED exam at ARCH Campus, Jaipur. It is advisable to arrive 15 minutes before the time specified in the call letter for the final selection. Candidates failing to appear for an interview session would not be considered for admission. Their applications will be cancelled. Rescheduling of interview in rare cases would be accepted if an application mentions the reason of absence clearly. You can write @ firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUIREMENTS: The candidate needs to bring all the following attested documents at the time of interview:
The documents will be cross checked and the result of the interview will be announced on the same day.
- Mark sheets of 10th, 12th (original & attested photo copy) and 4 Passport size Photographs
(If result is awaited, then the admission will be considered provisional and candidates would be required to produce the mark sheet by July to confirm the admission)
- An attested migration and transfer certificate
- SC/ST, Others (Physically Challenged, NRI, Defense, Artisans) should submit an attested proof.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Portfolio at the time of interview.
(A Portfolio reflects on the candidates interests & abilities and is a collection of any previous creative work done by the candidate in the form of illustrations, sketches, photographs, essays, prose etc)
Admission fees have to be deposited timely to confirm admission with Arch Academy of Design. The fees are non refundable under all circumstances. The final admission of the candidate will be considered only if he/she fulfills all the mentioned eligibility criteria. Default in producing the relevant documents at the time of admission will result in cancellation of admission. The session will start in the 4th week of July.
1. Scholarship will be given to the students on the basis of following criteria: AIEED result, Performance in past qualification, Interview + Portfolio, Income of the family, Ward of a single parent.
2. Scholarship will be awarded on first come first served basis. Once all the scholarships are claimed, further students would not be considered for the same, even if they fulfill all the requirements.
Students can apply for a bank loan for the degree courses from any of the recognized bank and HDFC Credilla provides Bank Loan on Pearson Edexcel Courses. Kindly visit: www.credila.com/apply_for_loan_pearson.html for more information.
For any query or confusion, students are free to contact the admission department from Monday to Saturday (10 am to 5 pm) on numbers 0141-4060500/02/03, 9414070678. The student can also email at email@example.com
The provisions of the admission guidelines and prospectus can be changed by the management of the ARCH Educational Society without any advance notice, and shall be notified at the website www.aieed.com and www.archedu.org For any representation/ clarification/ dispute, the decision of the Management of ARCH shall be final and binding.